1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 14: Mark Richt has not once piddled on the carpet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 27, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Alabama played LSU, Texas A&M, Michigan, Mississippi State and Ole Miss.

Michigan played Stanford, Oklahoma, Michigan, USC and Michigan State.

That's about equal. Once Alabama plays Georgia, it weighs toward them. (Same deal if Georgia beats Alabama.)

Anyway, I'm not sure why it matters as Notre Dame is going to the BCS game and Alabama or Georgia is too.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What's funny is that the Courant compared the two programs and UConn has a better Tv market (30 vs 48), and record wise the football programs are about equal in terms of wins and bowl appearances, but Louisville has better facilities and the ACC was concerned that the Big 12 was going to make a play for Louisville.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Army and the ACC aren't eligible for the other spot, so right now it's looking like a choice between Kent State, Northern Illinois and Ohio.

I will be surprised if there are 10,000 people at RFK on Dec. 27.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What you're not going to support the Spartans? (Bill Walsh, John Robinson, John Madden, Tommie Smith, Gerald Willhite among alumni)

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Don't be shocked to see UCLA beat Stanford. It's darn tough to beat the same team two weeks in a row unless you're clearly superior. Good coaches make adjustments. Five days is like an extended halftime.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Especially since UCLA didn't go all-out the first game </crossthread>

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And we're nearly halfway to the number -- with more than three minutes left in the first quarter. UCLA has come out firing on all cylinders and has got Stanford wobbling a bit. Maybe Simers was, um, right?

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Fantastic interception return by Stanford's Ed Reynolds early in the second quarter -- should have been a touchdown, but the officials missed that he broke the plane of the end zone before his knee touched down -- and Fox is so infatuated with updating its graphics over and over that it forgot to show the fucking replay of the entire run.

It was only one of the best runs I've seen all season. Thanks for nothing, Fox!

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Kent State isn't dead yet. They're getting better. They feel HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Until that fumble, NIU's Jordan Lynch had looked damn good. Not sure if the running back was supposed to take that.

Either way, Clark Kent has his cape on ... tied at 31.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Well, NIU sure answered quickly, huh?

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not over yet, amraeder. Good game in Detroit, even if you and I are the only ones watching it!

Draft saved Draft deleted