1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 for 30 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The comment about the braces also included a jawline that was showing signs of shifting outward. Lewis had both braces and protruding jaw.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This is definitely amongst the Top 5 worst. Thought the Ice Cube and the Marion Jones ones were also bad, but the absolute worst one was the Steinbrenner one--just awful.

3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

The Red Sox one was painful during the bar scenes. They got all the players, and had footage. Why am I watching Bill Simmons and Dork Comedian babble in a bar?

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I missed the Red Sox one. Yet, oddly, I now feel safe including it in my 5 Worst based solely on that description.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Tonight's was the first big swing and miss of these films that I can recall. And it was a big swing and miss.

Other than the guy's mom, maybe, nobody wanted to see Swade or Swane or whatever on screen for 90 minutes. I began to hate him when I saw him wearing those dirty adidas sneakers to his first meeting with the big-money booster.

6. noodles

noodles Member

The guy's side trip to Duke, only to bash the school, made no sense.

Look, I can go to Cameron and sit baseline and chant "Rock....chalk....Jayhawk" in an empty arena. Seemed unnecessary. A total "Look at me..." moment.

Clown.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I grew up as obsessed with Kansas basketball as this guy, though I like to think my fandom has mature a bit as an adult, so I was looking forward to this one and pretty disappointed. This Swade guy, while I'm glad he helped get the rules to Lawrence, was annoying. There was a pretty good story to tell and he turned it into an exercise in look-at-me, when in reality what got it done was Mark Allen called Bill Self and Self snapped his fingers.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

What are the odds that Booth keeps bidding beyond $2 million or so if there's not a camera there? He had to feel some pressure to keep going.

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

This story is much more interesting, and took less time to get through:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7692635/dr-james-naismith-bill-self-history-basketball-kansas

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Indeed. He knew there was a film being made, knew the cameras were on him, and knew that this would be the film's climactic moment--yeah, I'd say it added a wee bit of pressure to keep bidding.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

What a douche. Glad I didn't watch.

12. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I didn't have high hopes for it, but I did start to watch to see if it sucked me in. It didn't. I watched for about 10-15 minutes and kind of felt bad for the guy. We all love teams when we're in high school and college. Then we move on.

Draft saved Draft deleted