1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

El Lay

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

While you're in California, make sure you enjoy the warm smell of clitoris, rising up through the air.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Excellent. Thanks.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

If you go to South Bay go to Redondo Beach pier and eat dinner at one of the restaurants near there and watch the sun set. There are admittedly several other places you can do this.

And I know I am a nerd but if you have never been to DisneyWorld then go to Disneyland. It is interesting, even at an advanced age.

4. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Even if you have been to Walt Disney World, go to Disneyland,. More bang for your buck, and nothing beats Indiana Jones Adventure or the Matterhorn.

5. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Redondo Beach Cafe is a great place to watch hockey, but of course there's none of that to be had at the moment. Good breakfast spot too.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

In Santa Monica, I like the Border Grill and Father's Office.
    The original Tommy's is cool, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.
    Phillipe's is the greatest place in all of LA.
    I dig Pink's if in the area, but you gotta go as soon as it opens. The line gets too long.
    The Getty is great.
    The La Brea tar pits are the coolest, and the very cool LA County Museum is next door.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Last week I had the legendary Six Dollar Burger at Carls Jr in Laguna. I was sick for two days but it was so worth it.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I love visiting SoCal. I could never live there, though.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Every time I stay in Santa Monica, I stop by Chez Jay, usually for a nightcap. I also like to stop in the Blue Plate Oysterette for a lobster roll and a dozen little necks. Sugarfish has some of the best sushi I've ever eaten. There's also a little hole-in-the-wall breakfast place on Ocean Ave., just sourth of the Loews, called Cora's that features a very nice huevos rancheros plate.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Hey, Bubbler. What did you wind up doing? Did you have a good time?
    Let us know.

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Visited my pal in LA a few years ago and we went to Amoeba. It's stunning.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If you can get to Long Beach for a few hours I think you'd really dig Belmont Shore.

Draft saved Draft deleted