1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Daily Courier, Forest City, N.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tarheel316, Aug 9, 2012.

1. robertobajo

robertobajo New Member

Companies are doing a lot of full background checks now. Would think that a number of low-paid journalists might have bad credit, no?

2. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Yeah, if they start doing credit checks, a lot of people could potentially be in trouble, I'd think.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

4. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I agree that it crosses the line.Who knows what they'll be checking on next.

5. jla74m

jla74m Member

There are a lot of things these days that cross the line. But we're living in a time when the employers have the power and the peon workers hardly have a leg to stand on.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yeah, unfortunately that seems to be true.

7. slc10

slc10 Member

I know how that is and unfortunately I handed the suit an excuse and basically they ruined my life. I don't hate very many people but I have a four person list of those I do.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

They didn't ruin your lie. You can get back up.

9. slc10

slc10 Member

They may not have ruined my life but I have been without what I like to do for over a year and it led me to a depressive state to where it has been difficult despite attempts to keep fighting.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

You're going to be fine. They may have done you a favor.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I hear ya, mate. Many of us have been there at one time or another.

You may have made a mistake. Or just gotten screwed over by someone else. Either way, as Drip said, you can get back up and make good things in your life.

I went through a time in my life where I got royally screwed over and lost pretty much everything. So, after moaning for a while, I decided to get up and try again. Mixed results. But I'm glad I did.

Every person has good and bad points, strengths and weaknesses. Find your strengths and play to them. If I can ever be of assistance, contact me.

12. robertobajo

robertobajo New Member

Hang in there, SLC10. Don't let this incident define you. When one door closes, something better is bound to open for you!

Draft saved Draft deleted