1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Dogfish Head is good, if you like beer that tastes and weighs you down like brandy.

2. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Some of Dogfish Head's offerings are really good. But they do often try too hard with the booziness.

That said, the 90-minute IPA is fantastic.

Had a Pliny the Elder on Monday. Outstanding as always. Just a terrific, terrific DIPA.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My wife's favorite. I do have to say...those guys and gals know how to get you drunk fast and good!

4. maberger

maberger Member

Strand Brewing here in SoCal is doing some really nice things i think. I really like their Beach House, 24th Street and Atticus

This from today's LATimes:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-made-in-california-brewers-20120701,0,6511149.story

and here's their website showing where their stuff is available

http://www.strandbrewing.com/locate.html

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I just saw and tried today Newcastle Werewolf limited edition. It's not bad at all.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Drinking a New Glarus Thumbprint Barley Wine now. Priming for next Saturday's Great Taste of the Midwest.

7. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Good stuff, Fly. New Glarus is one of the great, little-known breweries in the country. Small distribution, and they're damn good across the board. Depending upon where you are in the midwest, another small one most don't know about is Flossmoor Station, in northern Illinois. Such a great little brewery. Cheers.

8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Not a huge Flossmoor fan anymore. They were a must-visit in the past but after both Todd Ashman (Fifty Fifty in Truckee) and Matt Van Wyk (Oakshire in Eugene) headed westward they've gone downhill hard. I'd rather spend my Chitown time at Half Acre, Piece or Revolution (in addition to Goose Clybourn).

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Now, here's a guy who knows how to file a FOIA request:

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have never heard of this. Must try this, wonder if they will take my empties back.

Years ago I knew a guy who delivered for one of the pizza joints near me and he would hit the beer store to get us a case on the way to deliver our pizza.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The WH Beer recipe has been released:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/09/01/ale-chief-white-house-beer-recipe

12. psychman56

psychman56 Guest

It would surely be interesting to try a high class beer like the WH beer. But beer itself is not all that bad on the body depends on how you mix it and what materials you use to make it.

Draft saved Draft deleted