1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 26, 2011.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Shane would be a pretty awesome swerve - I don't think he's been on WWE TV for a while now, and the last I heard, he was the only McMahon not involved in the company, since he decided to start some sort of production company, IIRC. I always thought that was a shame, since he's by far the best performer in the family next to McMahon. Instead, it looks like the company will be in the hands of Stephanie (an OK performer, but nothing special) and Triple H for the future.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I don't mind Steph and HHH running the show. The two have been heavily involved with the company for years and, love them or hate them, they were right to take the company in the PG direction when they did, given the controvery surrounding he who shall not be named.

I hate it, sure, but it was the right move. The WWE needs smart, dedicated people running it when VKM steps down/dies. They'll do just fine.

I've always felt bad that Shane left though. He was soooo good, both in and out of the ring. If he comes back (And by if, I mean when because it is the WWE after all), I will mark out. Hard.

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I think Tony Schivone should replace Michael Cole. No blue font.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Hornswoggle would be better.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

The new GM will be the 'WWE universe'.

They are really trying to push their social platforms, and there have been rumors that they want to use the extra hour of Raw to incorporate more interactive elements into the show. That online vote they did last week that led to Christian defending the IC belt tomorrow night is just the beginning.

Hats off to us, the WWE fans, for making such a remarkable rebound after Vince fired us all a few years ago on Raw.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I, for one, think it would be a huge get if the WWE managed to land the 2006 Time's Magazine Person of the Year as the new GM.

7. sgreenwell

+1.

I don't mind them going to the more interactive route, as long as they're honest about it. If the fans actually vote Val Venis in for a heavyweight title match, like they allegedly did a couple years ago, then give him the match. In the past, I think one of the WWE's biggest "shoot foot, then insert in mouth" tendencies is to just go against crowd reaction all the time. They almost effed up The Rock trying to make him a face when he debuted despite boos, they buried Zack Ryder, Vickie Guerrero is still given lots of TV time, etc.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cool.

I'm turning Cena heel.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

To be fair, when Rock made his debut at Rocky Maivia, the concept of a "cool heel" was really just starting. Rock had a great background and look, so they made him a generic babyface. Except the fans, now conditioned on the NWO and ECW, were tired of generic babyfaces smiling all the time. Hence, Rocky got booed.

They've resisted the crowd reaction with Cena.

Vicki, strangely enough, still gets some of the best heel reactions, along with, sadly enough, Cole. That says a lot about the two of them. It also says a lot about how their heels cannot generate heat.

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Back in my day, we called it X-Pac heat.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

The kind you really don't want.

12. sgreenwell

Yeah, to me, Vicki gets "go away" heat.

Draft saved Draft deleted