1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official 2012 outing: Atlanta, Aug. 17-19. Hotel info, page 5.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, May 7, 2012.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Of all the places I would imagine having a Golden Moon section, Turner Field ain't among 'em.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If by "coupon books" you mean my vouchers, I get 8-10 $12 vouchers. So that's like one $12 discount per person. That's not going to make the Golden Moon section something most would want to splurge on.

I think in past year's we've spent $8-12 on each game.

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I know I'm going to come to at least one game up there with you guys. Or the game if there's only going to be one.

And if we sit up top, they're usually cheap. I got opening weekend tickets for $8 each.

4. imjustagirl

We'll do games Friday and Saturday. Sunday for anyone who wants to.

I've taken the weekend off, so I'm good.

Yeah, I was looking toward upper deck, but need to figure out the sun and shit. I've only been to about 6 games in my two years here.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I thought that was only me.

I want to get down there, but too many other people here have put in for that weekend.

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

At that time of day (evening) you'll want to be from about halfway down the first base line around to the left field corner.

7. imjustagirl

So the sun sets down the third base line? Awesome. Thanks!

8. Kenny Tran

Kenny Tran Member

Hey guys, let me know if I can do anything to help facilitate this. Email would be best :)

webmaster@sportsjournalists.com

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If it seems too hard, make it easy on yourself. Just send money. How about tens and twenties?

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

After a review of finances, I'm probably not making it to Atlanta. Which bums me out. If I can swing a ridiculously cheap flight somehow (in the $100 ballpark...i.e. not likely), that may change things. I'll keep an eye on priceline just in case.

I'll miss y'all

11. carrie

carrie Active Member

If I show up, can we go to that po-boy place?

12. imjustagirl

Yes, yes we can.

Draft saved Draft deleted