1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Andy Griffith

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Andy gave more than 300 acres to The Nature Conservancy in Chesapeake, Va., about 10 years ago.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Only in interpretations from the Faux Fascist Noise 55-IQ Shriekosphere.

Out here in the real world where us non-imbeciles live, not so much.

And people thought I was making this up:

Carry on. I'm headin' down to the fishin' hole.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Touche!

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Great for its time would also describe "The Andy Griffith Show," too, but I never cared for it, even once I was older and it was in near-constant reruns.

He did make a sizable contribution to the culture with the show, however. Recently heard he and Frances Bavier (Aunt Bee) did not get along at all behind the scenes. I found that interesting.

I see I was not the only one to remember his Ritz cracker commercials...? "Gooooood cracker!"

RIP, Andy.

5. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

To not hijack the thread..I'll respond in private with evidence to the contrare:

6. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Evidence" in the form of YouTube videos and/or Sarah Palin comments don't count.

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Well, he was 86, and "Matlock" ended 17 years ago.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"She makes a pretty hood ornament, don't you think? Yes, it is I, good old General Rancor. I'm back, big as life and twice as ugly! You did everything except eat me, and I'm still alive. All Steele did was blow off a couple of arms. That's no biggie, no big thing. Now there are plenty of arms!! Big arms!! Pretty arms!! I got arms up the wazoo! Now let me show you something. Your pretty little agent is now part of the nose cone on top of my missile. This missile will be launched in 36 hours and nothing will stop me!! Only thing is, I'm missing one little chip that controls my satellite, and dag-gone, I want it back! Now you hand me my chip, and I'll give you back your agent. Dick Steele couldn't stop me 15 years ago, and all the Dicks you've got won't stop me now!!"

And

"That Steele's gonna be sorry his mama ever met his papa."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Great list.

Although two of my faves were not included: "Andy and the New Mayor" and "The Big House"

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Barney Gets His Man was on last night. Has to be Top 5 in the pantheon, minimum.

Draft saved Draft deleted