1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cincy Enquirer sports editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by clutchcargo, Apr 4, 2012.

1. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

Godspeed, Creig and Co.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who is in charge now?

3. Creig Ewing

Creig Ewing Member

I was named interim sports editor.

I don't think they plan to bring anyone in, but there is some question about what all the department heads and assistants will do going forward.

4. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Congrats Creig. Thought that would be the case.
    For your sake and sanity, I hope they slide somebody into an ASE role.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Creig. You guys do a great job there... I do agree with 1HP that I hope you get some help. :)

6. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Anyone hear anything new on this?

7. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Down to two finalists, both coming in this week

8. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Cincy has made a hire. An email was sent to the staff on Sunday:
    > Dear all,
    >
    >>> We have good news. We've hired a sports editor. Angel Rodriguez will start on July 23. Angel has been the Home Page Editor in Phoenix for the last five years leading a team of six editors and producers at the Arizona Republic/azcentral.com.
    >>
    >>> He also served as Online Sports Editor at the Republic for three years. While at the Republic he led the online coverage that was recognized as a Finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in Breaking News for the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in 2011 and won two Arizona Press Club awards for Breaking News for Arizona Cardinals coverage and the death of Pat Tillman.
    >>
    >> Prior to joining the Republic in 2003, Angel worked as Senior Editor at ESPN.com for five years. He helped plan the editorial coverage of ESPNdeportes.com through its launch and coordinated special events coverage with ESPN's TV, online and magazine divisions. He held a similar position with MLB.com in 2006.
    >>
    >> Angel is a graduate of the University of Texas-Austin and is a huge Longhorn athletic fan. He is originally from Houston, by way of Chicago, and is also a big Astros/Texans/Rockets fan.
    >>>
    >>> He's really excited and looking forward to moving to Cincinnati. I'm really happy that he's coming to the Enquirer.

9. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

So now it's Indy's turn. Any word? They brought in at least one candidate several weeks ago.

10. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Indy's turn? Is Jim Lefko out?

11. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

No ... reference to earlier post about the Indy ASE job. I think that job might have opened before Cincy and Louisville.

Draft saved Draft deleted