1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Saw 21 Jump Street the other night. Nearly laughed my penis off twice. Haven't seen a funnier movie in a while.

2. baskethead

baskethead Member

Took my 5-year-old to see the new Madagascar. I slept through much of it, both from being tired and because Madagascar has never really done it for me. But, there were a few funny parts and my kid seemed to like it, which is all I really cared about. Also, not a movie, but watched Season 1 of Game of Thrones over about a 4-day span. After I started to figure out who the hell everyone was I liked it a lot. It should have been called Blood and Boobies, though. Excited for Season 2 to come out on DVD, though sounds like it's going to be awhile since I know it just ended.

3. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Shark Night. Of the many ridiculous elements (and there were many) perhaps the one that stood out most of all: that the Tulane football player character would be a Top 10 draft pick.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've liked "Game of Thrones" so far, but I would have had a tough time watching it as it originally aired on HBO. I put the subtitles on, along with those features where you can read up on a character or setting while you are watching the scene.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Watched a cut of "Blade Runner" that did not include the "Harrison Ford-held-hostage" voiceover or the tacked-on happy ending. So much to like about it, but man that soundtrack is sounding dated at this point.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I had a pass to a free screening of "Ted" tonight but ducked out after getting violently ill earlier in the day. Waiting to hear reviews from my friends.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

The Final Cut is the one you want to see. That one is sanctioned and created by Ridley Scott himself.

8. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

The Devil's Double. Fantastic work by Dominic Cooper. He plays the murderous, despicable Uday Hussein and the humble, ethical army lieutenant forced to be his double. If Cooper only played the Uday role, that still would be have been a tremendous job, but he is great in both roles.

The movie over all though is extremely violent and grim.

It does feature board favorite Ludivine Sagnier as the female lead though.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

This is where I stood on Prometheus. Never was huge on the Alien franchise, partly because I was pretty young when it started and it has been ages since I last seen any of them. But Promethius was a solid flick. I enjoyed myself.
    And I agree on the 3D, this is the first movie since Avatar that I've seen where the 3D was done well and made an impact in the overall viewing experience.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Today: Prometheus. I thought it was outstanding. Visually striking. Engaging story. Solid on the gross-out factor. Really liked Noomi Rapace in this.

Last night: Shame (it was unintentionally a Michael Fassbender weekend.) A really strong movie, though disturbing and pretty sad. Did not pull any punches.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The Squid and the Whale.

I've seen snippets of it over the last few years, but never had a chance to watch it until a few days ago. Excellent flick.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm reading that Rock of Ages and That's My Boy are both underperforming. You wonder if Sandler's "idiot" character is done (once Grown Ups 2 wraps at least).
    Figure Cruise will be okay, he's got two films lined up where he battles aliens.

Draft saved Draft deleted