1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

El-Bashir leaving Washington Post

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, May 30, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The regular ol' guy in me says good for him, terrific guy and I enjoy his stuff.

The competitor in me says good, though Comcast's Redskins coverage is now a worry.

http://misterirrelevant.com/index.php/2012/05/30/tarik-el-bashir-washington-post-comcast-sportsnet-memo/

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Good on Tarik. Shared a few Daytona 500s with him. Class guy.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Guy was a great, great hockey writer. Sorry to see him go like this.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Might be a trend. Comcast in Northern California as grabbed a few good writers from Bay area papers for its website, such as Andrew Baggerly and Ray Ratto.

5. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

I would have hated to see him go out at the mouth of a raging cannibal. But like this? On his own terms? To a stable organization covering the area's biggest beat? Nah... That's tremendous. Kudos Tarik.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Wow, I worded that poorly. Yes, for him, it's great. I just meant as someone who admired his hockey writing, I'll miss reading him. I don't give two shits about the Redskins. It's definitely a good move for him though.

7. Tarik isn't the only one leaving WaPo sports. Josh Barr and Eric Prisbell gave farewells. Another big name leaving this summer, so I'm told

8. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I'm sure The Post will be fine, but Eric, Tarik and Josh were FANTASTIC at their jobs.

9. 35in44

35in44 Member

Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but where is Prisbell going?

Draft saved Draft deleted