1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The unofficial SJ.com age poll

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, May 24, 2012.

?

It's May 24, 2012. How old are you?

1. under 21

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  2. 22-29

23 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. 30s

69 vote(s)
    39.9%
  4. 40s

45 vote(s)
    26.0%
  5. 50s

29 vote(s)
    16.8%
  6. 60s

6 vote(s)
    3.5%
  7. 70s+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

For better or for worser, on deck stands Bobby Murcer.

Still miss you, Scooter.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Almost got to see Mantle play in person. My dad took us to Wrigley Field in L.A. when the Yankees came to town in 1961. The game was sold out and we couldn't get in.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, the chloroform inhibits conversational skills, perhaps?

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'm the mom. That's all you need to know.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I will be 39 in July.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

If you can text and tweet you're golden

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I'm 56 and just realizing that when young women smile at me as I run past or whatever, it's not because they find me remotely interesting -- it's because I'm a kindly old man and/or they equate me with their fathers. Or, at a race, they think it's cute that a guy my age is running 5Ks.

Every single person I covered on my first NFL beat at Tampa Bay has been retired at least 20 years -- and several are no longer with us.

On the other hand, I'm in the best shape I've been in probably since 1988, and haven't had a drink in 29 months, so there is that.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

If you are single...play that shit up yo! Chicks with daddy issues are fun. Just don't use your real name! haha

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why didn't your dad just get tickets on Stubhub?

My age: Old enough to drink, young enough to be ineligible for senior citizen discounts.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Fiddy-seven. Old enough to see the expansion Senators in their first year and to have attended the 100-year anniversary of the first battle of Bull Run in the same year, both of which were unmitigated disasters for Washington, D.C., and to have very vivid memories of the weekend of the JFK assasination.

12. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

39. Couple of years ago, I'm covering a high school girls basketball game, the local team gets blown out. I interview the coach afterwards, of course, but she decided after that she wanted to add something. Called the newspaper office and asked for the "older gentleman" who had interviewed her. Ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted