1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook facepalms

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 1, 2012.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I'm certain it's the wife's idea because she doesn't trust the hub. I don't think a husband would suggest it. He'd just stalk his wife's profile.

Also, yeah, lots of people do get married despite a lack of trust. My best friend married a woman he knocked up so he could "do the right thing" and it eventually became a disaster. He wouldn't admit it was over until I finally convinced him that what he thought was going to be "normal" (staying married, no matter what), was as bad as the alternative because watching your parents fight all the time isn't "normal" either.

Had FB been as prevelant then as it is now, I'm certain they would have had a joint profile and it would have been because she wanted to keep dibs on him. (He still would have had to have one of his own for his radio air name, though).

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Holy smokes, that is a cute baby.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Hey, thanks! :)

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

This would be my sig pic if we still could do that here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I hate bland Facebook posts.
    Someone I worked with once posted this:
    "I am enjoying a bowl of soup and a ham sandwich."

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

From Got Jokes Facebook page:

16 TYPES OF PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK

We all have one of each of these types of friends on our list:
    1) The "Lurker" - Never posts anything or comments on your post, but reads everything, and might make reference to your status if they... see you in public.
    ... ...
    2) The "Hyena" - Doesn't ever really say anything, just LOLs and LMAOs at everything.

3) "Mr/Ms Popular" - Has 4367 friends for NO reason

4) The "Gamer" - Plays Words With Friends, Mafia Wars, Bakes virtual cakes and stuff, etc., ALL DAY.)

5)The "Prophet" - Every post makes reference to God or Jesus

6) The "Thief" - Steals status updates.. and will probably steal this one.

7) The "Cynic" - Hates their life, and everything in it, as evidenced by the somber tone in ALL of their status updates.

8) The "Collector" - Never posts anything either, but joins every group and becomes fans of the most random stuff.

9) The "Promoter" - Always sends event invitations to things that you ultimately delete or ignore.

10) The "Liker" - Never actually says anything, buy always clicks the "like" button

11) The "Hater" - Every post revolves around someone hating on them, and they swear people are trying to ruin their life

12) The "Anti-Proofreader" - This person would benefit greatly from Spellcheck, and sometimes you feel bad for them because you don't know if they were typing fast, or really cant spell.

13) "Drama Queen/ King" - This person always posts stuff like "I can't believe this!", or "They gonna make me snap today!", in the hopes that you will ask what happened, or what's wrong...but then they never finish telling the story.

14) "Womp Womp" - This person consistently tries to be funny...but never is.

15) The "News" - Always updates you on what they are doing and who they are doing it with, no matter how arbitrary

16) The "Rooster" - Feels that it is their job to tell Facebook "Good Morning" every day.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've never seen anything more awesome than that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That's awesome, CB.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

It was entirely his idea. :)

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Very cute baby, CB.

I recently had a friend de-friend me on FB for the second time ... wait for it ...

Because I didn't respond to something said friend posted.

First time this happened, I explained to said friend that there are times I don't, and it's never anything personal, I just don't have time to play on FB all day.

So much for 25 years of friendship (*shaking my head*)

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seconded.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted