1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Hawkeye a bit player in the comics? Dear god, you're going to make my head explode. He started the West Coast Avengers and was team leader. He led the Thunderbolts and eventually led the New Avengers. He most recently was made leader of the Secret Avengers, the covert team.

Bit player my ass.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.newsarama.com/film/disney-announces-avengers-sequel.html

Not exactly a shock, but Disney makes it official. An Avengers sequel is in the works.

3. I saw it in IMAX 3-D and it was incredible. If nothing else, make sure it's in IMAX, just makes the whole thing feel bigger.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm old school J. Royal. I'm a true Avengers man from episodes 1 through 150. I'm not completely up on the splinter Avenger groups. While I liked the character in the comics and the one in movie is pretty good, he never, in my opinion, brought much to the table. Maybe I'm not into archery too much although I really like Green Arrow from D.C. I'll have to brush up on the splinter Avenger groups.

5. outofplace

He has been an important part of the main Avengers team, too, though they do keep pushing him to the other teams. I think his role is to have sex with as many female Avengers as possible. He was involved with the Black Widow before he married Mockingbird (maybe after, too). Had sex with the Scarlet Witch after she killed him and brought him back (gotta love that) and is now with Spider-Woman.

6. baskethead

baskethead Member

Went to Avengers last night and enjoyed it. It gave me what I expected it to give me, and kept me entertained. I've found that I'm barely able to make it through even half a movie without falling asleep lately, even in a theater, but I did stay awake for this one. And the scene at the end of all the credits was one of the funniest I've seen in a long time.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I was mainly into the X-Men and the other mutant teams growing up, but I collected most of the Avengers stuff, too. The only ones I really got into, though, were the West Coast Avengers because I loved Hawkeye, Wonder Man and the Scarlet Witch. They've had some pretty cool stories with Hawkeye lately in Avengers Solo and The Avenging Spider-Man.

8. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Avengers West Coast was one of my favorites as well. That, X-Men and X-Factor.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hawkeye was tappin' the Wasp at the start of the "Avengers Dissembled" story arc. Did not end well at all for him.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The more I see the trailer for "Battleship," the more I think that movie is going to suck harder than Jenna Jameson in her prime.
    You somehow go from a boardgame ... to an alien invasion ... to a fleet of battleships being the only hope for mankind?
    What. The. Fuck?
    I can't tell if this is the product of a roomful of movie executives trying REALLY hard to come up with a summer blockbuster and failing miserably; a "Trading Places" type bet between Michael Bay and Peter Berg to see who can lose the most money on a single movie; or just the dumbest piece of shit ever committed to film.

11. outofplace

I started reading right around when things really went to shit. It might have even been the issue in which they killed him off. I must have just missed that.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted