1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 MLB Regular Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would theorize that Cashman paid Long to screw up Jeter's swing thereby driving down his value as a free agent.

2. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Jeter's hardest-partying years coincided with the dynasty run of 1996-2000. And, if Jeter took his job for granted he wouldn't be batting .400 at age 37. The guy keeps himself in amazing shape. Whether he does it in the weight room or through a regime of banging lots of models and actresses, who cares? :)

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Jeremy Lin is not actually hurt, he was ordered to yield the back page to Jetes.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm so glad Indians Network is back. #ThingsNobodyHasEverSaid

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Not MLB, but pitch count apparently costs a AAA pitcher a shot at a solo no-hitter in Durham.

Indianapolis' Justin Wilson goes 7 1/3 innings with no hits, but is pulled at the 100-pitch mark after issuing an eighth-inning walk. 2 relievers throw 14 pitches total to finish off the game, retiring all 5 batters.

The manager was booed by the visiting fans when he came out to fetch Wilson, who told him 'I'm not coming out.' Manager said 'it's not about this year, but several years from now.'

I know they protect pitch counts and arms in the minors, but skip a start. An extra 10-15 pitches won't hurt the guy 10 years from now, but how often do you get a chance to throw a pro no-hitter?

6. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

I agree, I looked him up and he's 24. So he's not a tender young arm and if he was any good the Pirates would have called him up by now. Should've let him finish the game.

7. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I think if I were that kid I would punch my manger right in the mouth as hard as I could. As a teammate I would stand right beside my pitcher gang style until my manager moved his fat ass back to the bench. I would fire his ass if I were the GM of the team.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Reading the team release after the game, when the shortstop saw the manager hit the top step of the dugout, he told the pitcher to tell the manager he wasn't going anywhere.

These pitch counts are ordered by the MLB team, and therefore, had he let the guy go over 100 pitchers to throw a no-hitter, the Pirates probably would've canned him for abusing their players.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is the one big area where Nolan Ryan has won me over. He'll never comment on another team's player, but I would love to hear his reaction on that.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ah, more proof that Jeter is a selfish whiner. Not that we needed any.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You realize you're mocking yourself by responding, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.