1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 MLB Regular Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Haven't heard much about the once NL East leading-Nats around these here parts lately.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sorry. Went to a dinner last night with their general manager. Only had a long discussion here earlier today about Bryce Harper. Everyone pretty much agrees they have stellar starting pitching and putrid offense

If we talked any more about them, we would be Nationalsdamn.com

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, he doesn't. But if somebody claiming the NFL team in Chicago was called the Parakeets and I told him it was the Bears, you'd swear on the grave or George Halas that he was right and I was wrong.

Nobody cares about Alex Sanchez, but the fact that he was on steroids proves a point most of the people who love tossing around foolish accusations never seem to grasp.

But it was fun to troll the troll for a bit.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I found a shirt for you, oop.

[​IMG]

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I think we can also agree the Nationals' schedule has been soft-serve ice cream.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I found one just for you.
    [​IMG]

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

GIVE ME BACK MY SHIRT ASSHOLE!!!!!!

9. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2012/04/derek_jeter_has_found_his_swin.html

I don't know if it's possible for an athlete to sue a coach for malpractice, but if it is, Jeter has a case against Kevin Long.

This article confirms that it was Long who messed with Jeter's swing, leading to his slump of 2010-11.

I estimate that Long meddling with Jeter's mechanics cost the Captain at least 50 hits, and who knows how many millions when Jeter entered free agency.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Finally we have the plot for 24: The Movie!

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

That is a joke, Jeter trying to blame someone else just like all spoiled babies that play for the Spankee's. Kevin Long sure helped out Granderson so would you say that is a wash then? Bottom line as a player if you don't like the advice or suggestions coming from your coach or they don't work for you then you don't have to take it. Take responsibility for parting too much and taking your job for granted Jeter.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I want to see Jeter win MVP just for the Mankyness of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.