1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Watched Winter's Bone last night and Contagion today.

WB was fantastic but a bit slow; easy casting of Katniss from that. It was essentially the same character.

I had two puppies in my lap and every time the dogs barked on screen they perked up.

Contagion was bad. Maybe if I hadn't seen Outbreak it would have been passable, but it was essentially a slower (much, much slower) paced version. I kept hoping for Dustin Hoffman and Cuba Gooding Jr. to jump in and speed it up -- I must have checked the time every 10 minutes at last.

And at the end, I felt the same as I did post-Babel: thinking, "gee, was I supposed to care about any of that?" The Daddy-daughter characters were the only ones with depth. I had such high hopes for it and boy, did it disappoint.

Could have been so much better.

2. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

The Raven. Decent entertainment. John Cusack is always good, Alice Eve is incredibly stunning and old reliable Brendan Gleeson is on hand. A bit too much indebted to the Guy Ritchie Holmes movies perhaps, but still pretty good.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

French movie - 'With a friend like Harry.'
    I liked it; GF didn't.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"The Muppets."

Cute, entertaining movie. Essentially tracks the plot of "The Blues Brothers."

5. baskethead

baskethead Member

Took my son to see that Pirates animated movie. It was pretty damn funny, plenty for adults to like and enough site gags to keep my 5-year-old interested. Ardman does good work.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed Contagion, though I was prepared for it to be slow going in. I said it earlier in this thread that Contagion was more like Traffic than Outbreak, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

I thought it was realistic enough to actually be quite frightening.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Alice Eve is, simply, the most stunningly beautiful woman on the planet, IMHO. I don't usually slaver over blondes, but...

... just... wow.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

She is a legend in our time. Eve is also a solid actress and can do an American accent and an Australian accent both very well. That is not easy to pull off. Sam Worthington fails in every role to hide his accent.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I watched a 90-minute documentary on the Helvetica font on a Saturday night.

And I thought it was awesome.

Yes, I live an exciting life.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

She's out of your league.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Bachelor Party Vegas, because I never miss a chance to watch Kal Penn.

I should have missed this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted