1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Always high on the list of the trains which are never, ever late.

Don't like it? Address the base sources of what remains one of the saddest cliches in sports.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Tough spot. But fair. No problems with it.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley, as homerish a duo as you'd want, both felt that the call was a coin flip. I agree. No bitching either way.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

If the call truly was 50-50, doesn't the situation dictate swallowing your whistle?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The clip I saw later showed a similar thing on the other end not called and then that. Opinion seemed to be they were both penalties or neither was a penalty. Not one isn't, one is. I didn't see the first thing when it happened and couldn't really tell when I saw the tape. The late one on the Caps sure did look like a penalty to me and I, too, thought that would be it.

Nope.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The call on Chimera was borderline at best but completely uncalled for with two and a half minutes left in the third in a tied game seven. Bad call.

7. KP

KP Active Member

No way should the Chimera call have been called. Not even in the first period in December.

Kerry Fraser thinks goalie interference should have been called on the game-winner.
    http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=394329

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's easy now that Fraser, The Guy Who Missed Gretzky's High Stick on Gilmour, can be an armchair. No way he would have called that if he was reffing

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

According to an AP story, O'Ree joined the Bruins in 1958. It wasn't until 1959 when the Red Sox became the last team in the majors to break the color line with Pumpsie Green.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Pumpsie Green? Pumpsie?

I'm sure glad my momma didn't name me Pumpsie.

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Bye bye Sens.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Game 7 had its moments but jeez, Ottawa was being pretty nonchalant considering their season was on the line.

The Rangers/Caps series will probably be a trapfest.

Draft saved Draft deleted