1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby V Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Francona got the biggest hand of the day by far. Pierce must be taking Roger Sterling's sugar cubes to think it was Pedro.

2. Heh heh - Leaked Memos: Bobby V Is Losing The Red Sox And His Mind

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/leaked-memos-bobby-v-is-losing-the-red-sox-and-hi

3. KP

KP Active Member

And the bullpen wasn't handed a shutout as he describes. Though he does make mention of Doubront giving up the first run in the next graf.

And if Andrew Bailey is healthy, is it really a lunatic notion of making Daniel Bard a starter?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Great column ! Loved this line:

(Oh, and by the way, and I know it's for the kids and all, and that it costs half-a-LeBron to go to the games here now, so you're entitled to whatever entertainment you can find, but having an entire ballpark chant "So good! So good! So good!" immediately after the home team has given up 15 unanswered runs makes the fan base sound a little simple.)

5. For the record - I can't stand the singing of Sweet Caroline. It's a song about being in love with an 11-year old girl. It is a gimmick that has run its course.

Let the New York Rangers fans have the stupid song.

6. The Red Sox play Sweet Caroline to appeal to people like BYH

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

If loving an 11-year-old girl is wrong, I don't want to be right. Wait, what?

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Fantastic work by Bubbler with the Theo photos. Still remember that episode.

To me it sounds like Bobby's trying to get himself fired and is going the Barry Melrose-in-Tampa route. His comments after Saturday's game, sounding like they won by 15 runs, were unacceptable.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Same with YMCA at Yankee Stadium. I'm proud to say that I've never stood once or belted out the song.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, you go to the games as the construction worker, so that would just be cliche if you did stand or sing.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Red Sox should just make "Into The Night" their eighth inning song.

She's just sixteen years old
    Leave her alone, they say,
    Separated by fools
    Who don't know what love is yet
    But i want you to know

If i could fly
    I'd pick you up (UP UP UP!)
    I'd take you into the night
    And show you a love
    Like you've never seen - ever seen (EVER SEEN EVER SEEN EVER SEEN!)

12. I've written to Larry Lucchino to ask if they could change the song from Sweet Caroline to Fuck You Like and Animal (original 9 Inch Nails version - not the Taylor Swift cover). I have yet to receive a reply.

Draft saved Draft deleted