1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby V Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 17, 2012.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Where did I say every good move was credited to Lucchino and Cherington? I've mentioned multiple times on this thread that the blame for this shit storm of a season goes all the way to the top with current management members.

But, as Herbert points out as well, Theo got way too much credit for the 2004 and 2007 title teams, the bulk of which were put together by other people. Sorry, that's just fact. And when the championship contender he built fell apart in historic fashion last year, he quit with a year left on his contract. Funny how nobody has a problem with that.

And it won't be Theo's fault when Bobby gets fired in June. Because Bobby will be fired before that.

2. KP

KP Active Member

Bobby getting fired before June would require Larry admitting failure...

Theo looked better than he really was because of the blank checks he had to work with.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

They're the Sox. They'll spin something.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Awww man. What the fuck did I do to deserve this? Cockroach ... "

[​IMG]

"Sup?"

[​IMG]

"You ready to bust a rhyme?"

[​IMG]

"G-yeah. Imma take this shit all the way to Dance Mania and leave you hangin'."

[​IMG]

"Oh no you didn't! I built two World Series teams."

[​IMG]

"All right, bet, you be winning rings slurping off the bozak of Dan Duquette. Quit yer frontin', Mr. Carl Crawford Ain't Amount To Nothin'."

[​IMG]

"Fuck you. That shit ain't funny. North Side, motherfucker! Cubs gonna rise up and slap you down like a bitch."

[​IMG]

"The only thing rising is the L-flag on account of your dumb ass. World Series this century? J-j-j-j-j-jammin' on the none!"

[​IMG]

"Fuck you, Cockroach! Get the fuck off my show! I'm telling Bill! We're never gonna mention you again!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. BYH - my guess is Bowden will be a sub 3.00 ERA bullpen guy while Byrd will be a waste of money that's not even an upgrade over MacDonald.

Bowden for Byrd is a steal for Theo.

Take off the blinkers.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chris, I think this trade doesn't warrant an opinion either way, as it's obviously a "we have to look like we're doing SOMETHING!" deal for both sides.

7. Michael - you know that in Boston everything the Red Sox do warrants an opinion.

Do you think the team could have used Bowden yesterday? I'd much rather watch Bowden pitch then guess whether Matt Albers is north or south of 300 pounds.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's flotsam for jetsam. As Michael noted, the teams with the second-worst record in each league have to look like they're doing something.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Somehow, I have a feeling everyone will find a way to blame Bobby for tonight's rain.

And that's not a bad thing. :)

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, he did invent water. :D

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Didn't invent it! Just figured out how to walk on it.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Matt Albers -- a guy the Orioles decided just wasn't good enough on the mound for them.

Darnell McDonald -- a guy the Orioles decided wasn't good enough to do more than play CF in Norfolk.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Draft saved Draft deleted