1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 11, 2012.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The logic is just ridiculous. If a 4th liner gets hit in the head a coach can say he is out with a concussion and sit him. Any contact to the head a player should jus stay down. Punish the act, not the result.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Dear Penguins,

Thank you so much for sucking so bad and for acting like such assholes and fucking babies and for putting together three of the biggest choke jobs in hockey history thus dominating the headlines and making sure the entire world of hockey is talking about how much you suck, how much your stars suck and how much you are embarrassing yourself.

Please do this for one more game so as to make sure everybody remains distracted by your overall level of sucktitude and thus they will continue to miss the fact that we have sucked equally as bad, have embarrassed ourselves almost as much and are going to get swept by an 8-seed.

Sincerely,

The Canucks

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You pretty much nailed it there.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Here's my question: what if this kind of hockey is what the fans want, and will pay for?

5. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

No, because then we start creeping down the road to "Rollerball." When you start catering to the lowest common denominator in an attempt to attract "casual" fans, you wind up getting just that - the lowest form of your sport. IndyCar tried to "spike fan interest" by creating "exciting" conditions for the season finale in Las Vegas, and look how that turned out.

If this doesn't get nipped in the bud, someone's getting sucker punched and isn't going to get up. It's going to be Steve Moore or worse, expect with the focus of the playoffs, and there will be a new round of hand-wringing and recriminations about the role of violence in hockey.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

In the wake of that bagarre generale yesterday between the Flyers and Pens I just thought I would add that the best NHL fight I ever saw live was between Craig Berube and Basil McRae at Maple Leaf Gardens when Berube was with the Leafs and McRae was with the North Stars.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I asked that when he first got the job and was told he'd be a better sheriff. Hasn't happened, yet.

8. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I nominate this post for SportsJournalists.com Hall of Fame.

9. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Capitals take the 1-0 lead. I believe it's Semin who scored.

Go Caps.

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Holtby lets in a weak one, but Ovechkin comes back and scores.

2-1 Capitals

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Not exactly playoff related..but funny
    Don Cherry: Piano Man LOL

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Lundqvist had a helluva game for the Rangers.

Draft saved Draft deleted