1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Jun 25, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

My favorite beer: One that's within reach.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Beer Store recommended these, just picked up a mixed 6.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Just had my first Goose Island "Matilda" last night. Very tasty. Thumbs up to the Windy City

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Matilda is a good one.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Abita Strawberry Harvest is now in the DC area. Awesome.

Also, I am a woman. I'm ok with that.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am sure you can find La Fin du Monde some where in New York City if you look for it. But I have had it twice in my life, and both were in the midwest, once in Columbus, Ohio and once in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Wish it was easier to find here. I love it.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Pretty easy to find here in CT, maybe it's where you're looking. Anything by Unibroue is pretty good

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I love it, too. But I find it's way more of a winter beer. Or at least I find it more pleasing during winter. It's one of those rare brews that warms your insides.

I was able to find LFdM even in Florida.

10. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

In our state, our distribution keeps expanding, which is always welcome. We just started getting Blue Point out of Long Island, along with 8 Wired and Clown Shoes, with Green Flash, Boulevard and Goose Island on the way later this year. I've had some things from all of them, but definitely looking forward to having them on a more regular basis.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm a little too addicted to Breckenridge 471 IPA right now.

Had something from Terrapin called Hopzilla last Saturday. 10.8 percent ABV. That shit'll smack you in the face.

12. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Yeah, Hopzilla's really good. Tried it alongside the new Sierra Nevada Hoptimum the other night, and I'll definitely take Hopzilla.

Draft saved Draft deleted