1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King gets pwned on Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by swamp trash, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's really him. It's got the "verified" checkmark.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fantastic reference.

3. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Only would have been made better with additional references to lattes, softball and yogurt raisins.

4. swamp trash

swamp trash Guest

Well, fuck you too, shit for brains.

His "take" may eventually prove to have been accurate, but that's not the point. What Peter King did wrong was act like a jackass and personally attack someone on a public forum for no good reason.

Kind of like what you just did. But hey, I'm just a dumbass Saints fan so I guess I must have deserved it. Pfft.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'll give you $50 if you get LTL to nuke.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am not sure what exactly this means, but I'm pretty sure it isn't going to happen.

He didn't personally attack anyone. He pointed out that Jonathan Vilma won't be playing for the Saints anytime soon, a notion that Vilma didn't seem to appreciate.

7. swamp trash

swamp trash Guest

He made it personal. I think that's obvious.

So you think PK's twitter post was fully appropriate, given his standing and the subject matter?

C'mon, I didn't go to some fancy journalism school, but even I (a purported "dumbass") know better than that.

8. LongTimeListener

He said "Get the message, Jonathan Vilma?" There is nothing wrong with that.

9. swamp trash

swamp trash Guest

If you don't see why this is tacky and unprofessional behavior, I don't exactly know how I can explain it to you.

10. LongTimeListener

That's just as well, as I am not likely to put much stock in a homer's explanation anyway.

11. swamp trash

swamp trash Guest

LOL. Why does me being a Saints fan have anything to do with it? I'm insulted by PK as a journalist, not as a Saints fan.

But you keep on fighting that good fight. Lord knows the "dumbass" Saints fans deserve all they get. ::) Talk about a mob mentality.

12. LongTimeListener

And there's the rub. Thanks for ending it on a good note.

Draft saved Draft deleted