1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Community college enrollment declining?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The college were I adjunct is seeing decreasing enrollment for the spring and upcoming summer semester, leading to less sections.

Anyone else seeing a decline in enrollment at local JUCOs?

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

According to this, community college enrollment overall is going up:

http://www.aacc.nche.edu/AboutCC/Documents/FactSheet2011.pdf

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

We're seeing an increase in enrollment in SoCal due to the cheaper cost and because the state universities and colleges are accepting fewer students.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They're totally not seeing it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

See, I've watched that show, and I just don't find it funny. Mostly because it makes me sad to see what Chevy Chase has become.
    In all seriousness, tne of the CCs in my area seems to be pretty much the same in terms of enrollment while the other has seen a real spike. I think that has a lot to do with the quality of one vs. the other as well as the programs they offer.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Not to get personal, but I hate you.

On a slightly more serious note, Adam Corolla applauds this (supposed) news loudly. (His anti-junior college rants back in his Loveline days used to almost cause me to wreck me car, I was laughing so hard.)

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Where I work (at a junior college) the answer is no. Absolutely not. It is increasing at a pace we are almost unable to keep up with.

8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

The local juco here is bursting at the seams. It's built a few new buildings and two new parking garages. Lots of classes are full and have waiting lists.

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

The JC business is booming here.

Draft saved Draft deleted