1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Current TV dumps KO

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 30, 2012.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Michael, that sums it up for me on KO. Intelligent, knows his stuff, but similar to guys like Bob Knight who are also smart and pseudo-geniuses, they can't stand authority, and will burn every bridge possible to get their way...or the last word.

Brian Stelter at the NY Times pointed a fact out that didn't take into consideration. MSNBC's viewership hasn't gone down since he left. It picked up, regardless of poltiical affiliation. Scarborough's show is a hit, Maddow's still killing it on prime time, etc.

I guess the moral of the story is that no one man can carry a network by himself. I think?

2. YankeessSuck

YankeessSuck Member

I'm thinking cage match.

3. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Keith Olbermann's appearance last night on David Letterman:

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Olberman didn't "carry" MSNBC, but he played a key role in its development. They were nowhere before him and he was key in getting Maddow a show.

I get the impression that there is nobody he could work for, who he would respect, and who would have influence over him.

It's almost like Olbermann has become the cable news version of Tony Bruno - people hire him, establish a beachhead, build around him, then cut him loose.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Re Olbermann's comments about Current buying a $10 million chandelier for a decrepit house -- will we see Joey Votto on Letterman making the same comments in a few years?

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Olbermann sues for breach of contract:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/keith-olbermann-lawsuit-current-tv.php?ref=fpa

Current's lippy response:

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/current-tv-responds-to-olbermanns-suit

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Stay classy, Current. I'm sure that exactly what you want to do is engage in a battle of snark with Keith Olbermann.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Current's lawyers are far more creative than its producers:

He arrogantly and falsely calls "cheap" the company that has paid him the highest compensation he had ever received in his career, provided him the largest staff of any program he had ever anchored, given him the largest studio and custom-designed set on which he had ever worked, and paid over $50,000 in an eight month period to eight different limousine companies because none of the previous seven were able to meet his Patrician standards for how to drive him around New York City.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/06/current-olbermann-lawsuit-falsehoods_n_1408652.html

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That is first-class work.

10. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Ignoring the question of whether or not you agree with Olbermann's political views - - I agree with about half of them - - his talent as a show host and anchor would argue that he should be on radio or TV. So, how about this idea:

Keith Olbermann is baseball stats maven. Why not have him on MLB Network doing "Seamhead Seance" for a half-hour a day?

It is not as if MLB Network would have to squeeze such a show into a schedule crammed full of blockbuster shows...

11. MLB Network already has Peter Gammons and Richard Justice - neither of whom hide their political leanings on Twitter. To add Olbermann would be the final straw to Republicans who just want to watch a fucking game.

This is the reason Olbermann was booted from NBC's Sunday Night Football studio. Too many people sick of his act. Fuck Olbermann. Fuck him hard with a cue stick. That prick was getting $10 million from Current TV and he still wasn't able to reign in his douchiness. Fuck him hard with the head of a syphilitic encephalitis Haitian.

Olbermann isn't a victim. He's a douchebag

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Tell us how you really feel.

Draft saved Draft deleted