1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 5, 2012.

1. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Who woke up this morning thinking "I'm going to see a Frank Martin/Keith Olbermann comparison today!" or something like that.

Nobody saw it coming. Well done.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Has any team run its search any more poorly than Illinois looking for a basketball coach? Good lord, it's like a two-week circus of ineptitude.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No, but there's a school almost every year that goes through the same thing. A program that is perceived as a top one that everybody and their brother seems to turn down.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Well that's an interesting rationale considering Groce's best recruit at Ohio has been DJ Cooper - his point guard for both tournament teams in the past 3 years ... and is from Chicago.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If we're talking about the towns themselves, I wouldn't call Manhattan to Columbia, S.C. an upgrade. Manhattan isn't Lawrence, Athens, Chapel Hill, Charlottesville, etc., but Columbia ain't exactly Madison or Austin either.

6. Mizzougrad96

Manhattan isn't horrible, but I would definitely rather go to Columbia, S.C.

Yeah, neither fall into the Boulder, Austin, Athens, Chapel Hill category, but I still think Columbia is a pretty clear upgrade.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

NC State last year.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Frank Martin heading for the graveyard of college basketball coaches.

9. Mizzougrad96

I don't remember Maryland's being much better.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

NC State 2006.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Missouri's last year?

12. Mizzougrad96

Another bad one.

Draft saved Draft deleted