1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: One World

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Feb 16, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The worst part of this episode is that it guarantees Colton will return in a future season. He really is a piece of shit and Alicia is no better.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i immediately thought the same thing about him being brought back. and then i puked a little.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Maybe he'll get the same treatment Richard Hatch and Russell did on return trips: once they came back and people had seen their game, they got flushed before they could gain any traction.

Losing Colton is a blow for the show. As happy as it made me seeing them haul his crying ass off the beach, it'd have made me 10 times happier to seen his torch snuffed and him have to come to terms with the fact that he wasn't a mind-controlling queen of the islands, but a small fucking jackass.

Then again, I'm only hoping that's what would have happened. He definitely could have pushed to the end, and maybe won.

I imagine the producers cried into a bottle of whiskey the night Colton left. He's TV gold.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really did not like that guy. And Tarzan seems to be going full Busey.

5. noodles

noodles Member

Hey, Colton....karma's a real bitch isn't it?

Maybe if he does return to the show in the future, he does so with a little more tolerance for others. His "I hate........" and "I hate......" was a little over the top. Next time look in the mirror before you speak, pal.

And no way does he ever make it to the jury in future shows. This was his chance to do something. Now everyone will see his act a mile away...time to just go away. His 15 minutes are up.

6. I also would have loved to see Colton get voted out, especially if it had been done in a blindside way in which he still had the idol on him when he got the boot. But either way, I have never felt less empathy for someone clearly in serious pain. Pretty much instant karma. Hope we never see him again but I agree that if he ever were to come back, he'd be gone quickly. Even in another sort of heroes vs. villains type of thing where he wouldn't necessarily be the biggest target, he'd be gone because he's worthless around camp and he brings nothing to the challenges. Eff him.

I'm at the point now where I don't care who wins so long as Alicia gets sent home. I don't really care much about any of the other people though I suppose it's possible that now that Colton's gone we'll get to see what some of them are like.

Side note: is there a bigger dork on the show than Jonas? That guy is pathetic.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Kudos to Christina, even though Colton treated her like shit, she was the nuturing one when he became sick.

She said it was the right thing to do while he saw her compassion as gameplay.

If he treated me like that and I saw him writhing in the dirt, I would have walked on by.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The thing that scares me about Alicia is that this person actually works with special ed students? She strikes me as the last person anyone would want around childred. What a bitch...

Colton was entertaining. I don't know if they'll bring him back. Has anyone who ever quit or left for health reasons been brought back?

9. Good question. Might be some insurance risks or something involved there that could prevent them from coming back even if it's something random like falling into the fire or having an appendicitis.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Fun fact -- Colton is the reason this longtime Survivor fan is not watching this season.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I had the same thought about her. She's a mean-spirited bully (to put it mildly) and I can't imagine her as a caretaker of any kind.

That's how I wanted to see him go as well. His reactions to, well, everything were so over the top, I would have loved to see his face when he got blindsided. Either way, I'm glad not to have to see his tired act and prepared lines anymore.

I think she was dumb for being like that. Seriously, screw him. During the reward challenge, after he called her a bitch, I wanted her to just start walking and taking her sweet time even more. Then afterward I wanted her to tell him, "Well, I'm going home in two days and I can eat all the ice cream I want, so fuck off."

12. I agree. I guess I'm a more spiteful person but I would have been a complete asshole to Colton as he was sick and getting what he deserved. And even more, after Colton was gone, I would have made Alicia feel like she was done for like she did to her earlier in the show.

Side note: I found it amusing that Colton was so into the ice cream challenge. He hadn't tried that hard in any challenge previous to that.

Draft saved Draft deleted