1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NCAA men's tournament thread 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Mar 13, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Very good game.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

F-ing Kansas.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Bad idea to dunk that ball!

4. joe

joe Active Member

Perfect ending to a shitty weekend of games for a Mizzou fan. Fuck a damn duck.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Tennessee, Baylor tried to get D.J. cooper to transfer from Ohio after his freshman season, Cooper says.

Oh, Bruce Pearl, your sleaze reaches even past your expiration date.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/17892182/ohios-dj-cooper-said-tennessee-baylor-tried-to-get-him-to-transfer

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And absolutely stunning that Scott Drew would be involved.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yes, he sure as hell was getting double-teamed. He's the threat.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

FSU. Wildly overrated. Yup.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I didn't have a bracket and haven't even really followed the tournament, but this I know: If I'd had one, I'd have dumped Florida State in the second round.

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The strategy of trying to run with North Carolina . . . who was it that thought THAT would work?

11. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Marv Albert and Steve Kerr are working in St. Louis. TBS was pegged for the STL regional before the tournament started. Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg will be in Atlanta for the South Regional with No. 1 overall seed Kentucky.

Michael Hiestand of USA Today talked with Clark about possibly calling his son's games:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/story/2012-03-18/cbs-clark-kellogg-not-angling-to-analyze-son/53625402/1

And here's a full list of broadcaster assignments for the weekend: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/03/CBSTurner-NCAA-basketball-announcer-gigs-for-Sweet-16-650634/1

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

On one hand, I think it's cool that Drew's loyalty is 100 percent to his own program. Unlike a lot of his colleagues, he's not in this to make coaching clinic drinking buddies. He reminds me a lot of a poor man's Urban Meyer.

On the other hand ... man, what a dick.

Draft saved Draft deleted