1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two-year sports residency reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by DJ Dunson, Mar 12, 2012.

1. sd10019

sd10019 New Member

The last two posts have several inaccurate statements. That is why the job was not posted in this forum because of all the misinformation that gets spread here. If anyone has a specific question, please send me a message and i wil do my best to answer. I would hate to see someone miss an opportunity due to poor advice.

2. sd10019

sd10019 New Member

There are too many to address in this forum. The job description is accurate. This job is for someone who wants to cover a lot prep sports in the field, do video, blog, rank teams, etc. It isn't for a clerk to answer phones. I'm trying to be as fair as possible to all potential applicants. I hope that helps.

3. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Are you saying it isn't a dead end job? Most previous posters seem to have that sentiment about the shop.

4. sd10019

sd10019 New Member

Its a two-year program to put on your resume and see where it takes you. I can't predict hiring patterns in the future and any other number of variables that dictate a person's ability to get a job. The last four people who left for other jobs in the business went to nhl.com, nbcsports.com and msgvarsity.com. People can make their own decisions. I want them to have the right information.

5. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

That is helpful information.

6. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

At least it helps diffuse Gold's post of

7. sd10019

sd10019 New Member

No where in the ad does it say it is a stepping stone to the Star-Ledger.
    Thanks

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This forum has a pretty good track record. If you want to correct any perceived misinformation, please do.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

If someone were spreading misinformation about my shop on a bulletin board I frequent, I'd move in triple time to counter the errors and not play passive-aggressive and coy.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Taking shots in public against misinformation on this site is great, except when you don't address the misinformation and use the message board to your benefit. It's much better to let those in the dark about your company to apply so you don't have to answer awkward questions.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Or ... we get proactive ourselves and make damn sure that we aren't spreading false information ourselves.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted