1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelance editor and writers wanted (Tesas High School football)

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by gravehunter, Dec 19, 2011.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Company: Sports Publisher
    Position:
    Publisher Seeks Texas Football High School
    editors and writers
    Job Status: Freelance
    Salary: Commission/Contract
    Ad Expires:
    January 21, 2012
    Job ID: 874242

Description:

Established sports publisher is seeking a freelance editor and freelance writers to work on an upcoming Texas High School Football publication. Both the publisher and the magazine are well established and are only interested in professional writers and editors. We are seeking individuals to assist in the magazine series’ continuing development. The managing editor will be responsible for overseeing the editorial development of the magazine, including feature development, hiring writers, acquiring photography all while managing to budget and deadline. Freelance writers should currently be involved in covering Texas high school football.

If interested in learning more about this project (there is a lot more to share), please send your resume and three Texas Football-related clips via email to the following address: sportsjob09@gmail.com

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in this save for the fact they want people who cover Texas HS football. I understand that requirement, don't get me wrong... good luck to everyone who takes part!

3. SportsStringer

SportsStringer New Member

I got reply back this morning saying they were interested in my services. Anyone else get anything back? Reply here or PM me.

4. Got the same thing yesterday morning as well, SS. I may have a guess as to whom it may be. PM me if you're interested.

5. TomGlave

TomGlave New Member

Got an email from them saying the same thing.

6. Has anyone heard from the site?

7. SportsStringer

SportsStringer New Member

Any of you get multiple replies from this? I got one on 12/31, but nothing since then. Just curious.

Thanks,

8. Wrote back about 10 days ago to get an update and got zilch.

I do know that the project is for the theoldcoach.com, Rivals Texas high school site. They've put out a magazine the last two years that has run circles through Texas Football in the fact they're strictly prep.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

how do you "run circles through" something?

10. txsports

txsports New Member

Worked for them two seasons ago. Pay was next-to-nothin' and it took months to receive a check. Even at that, I never received the bonus I was promised.
    Needless to say, I would highly NOT recommend.

Draft saved Draft deleted