1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 26, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So far, we've got:

Cena-Rock
    Jericho-Punk
    Taker-Trips
    Sheamus-Bryan
    Colons-Lil Jimmy Boom

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

And there we have it. I wonder the legitimacy of Barrett's injury. That was a pretty nasty fall.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Notice when all the fuss happened with Dolph being thrown over the top rope, you could hear the audio go quiet for a split second (7-second delay for a "wordy dirty") and Wade Barrett slap the mats with his good arm. I think that was the primary carnage.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That looked pretty legit to me.

Wonder if Big Show threw Ziggler too far, or Barrett and Truth were too close to the ring?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wow, that bump from Ziggler looked nasty as hell. Dolph, Barrett and Truth all looked hurt on that.

Me-thinks Show doesn't know his own strength. It's not like there was much room between the ring and the table. Looked like he threw Ziggler too hard.

And kudos to Punk to take advantage of a serious situation for a Buck Zumhofe reference.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That spill Dolph took was sick. I think he popped his chin on the table. If all he did was knock himself out or lose a tooth or two, he should consider himself lucky. It didn't help matters that Santino damn near landed on him when he was eliminated.
    Seemed like at the end the EMTs were packing their stuff back on the stretcher, so hopefully Dolph is OK.

Also, did anyone notice Cody grab HIS arm as he was eliminated, like he bumped the edge of the mat? And Truth was down for a while, too, after the Barrett-Dolph bump (but that might have been selling or just sticking around to check on Ziggler).
    This match was a clusterfuck when it comes to botching.

7. My roommate said the stretcher was for Barrett, in slow motion looked like he legit broke his arm or dislocated his shoulder. And then Santino fell on it.

One of these days they have to stop teasing us with Santino and give him a legit win over someone. He always gets a huge pop from the crowd.

8. Barrett's arm is broken. I'd be completely shocked if it's otherwise. Sad....I'm a big Barrett fan and was hoping he'd get a match at WM. Doubtful at this point.

9. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

And it all happened in the most predictable Battle Royal of all time.

Watched it with Mrs. Podunk. We both think Big Show just launched him too far.

Totally destroyed the vibe.

10. Again, it happens in a predictable battle royal scripted by people who write "sports entertainment" for these guys instead of wrestling.

11. billikens

billikens Member

Well, so much for Orton-Barrett at Wrestlemania. If not legit, that was an insanely good sell job by Barrett, but it looked real. There was even a moment, right at the end, when the camera captured Jericho asking a ref about Wade.

Now Twitter saying Dolph wrestled the dark match, so I'm assuming he's fine.

12. Definitely a broken arm for Barrett. I think everyone else is probably OK but Barrett dropped the F bomb mutliple times apparently because he knew it was broken right away. Thought for sure Orton-Barrett in some sort of gimmick match would be on the Mania card.

Seems like some sort of Cody Rhodes-Big Show program is on the offing as well. Maybe not at Mania but that's certainly something WWE seems to be setting up.

Do we know if there will be a MITB match at Mania?

Draft saved Draft deleted