1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011-12 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Roy can always rest easy knowing he's got the refs in his back pocket. The All CAROLINA Conference and all, you know. Just some absolute horse shit calls from about the 16 min mark in the second half on. Calls went for both teams, but you know who got the bulk of the calls.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

No, not at all. KU could have won despite it all if it had played half as well as it is capable of in the final three minutes. But KU also likely would have won if only the charge call on Robinson went the right way.

This one's done. Like I said before, I'll be disappointed if KU doesn't win by at least 20 in Lawrence.

3. Jake_Taylor

Are you talking about the announcer (Vitale) who said, and I quote: "That's a bad call. That's a bad, bad, bad call."

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As usual, Forde says it best:

Jayhawks fans will howl about that call for a long time. In response, the rest of the Big 12 will say, “We’ve been to Allen Fieldhouse. We know what home cooking tastes like.”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=AvLfc0nQtRRT_awYTZIfXfU5nYcB?slug=pf-forde_missouri_beats_kansas_wild_rally_020412

5. joe

joe Active Member

I find it funny that — no matter the sport — if someone's favorite team doesn't win, the refs/officials/umpires fucked the losing team over. Jesus christ his own self could come down with four angels and beat Kentucky, and Wildcats fans would be screaming that the refs fucked them over. Fuck.

6. Jake_Taylor

Oh, I enjoy most of Forde's work, but he's just as unbiased in this thing as the two of us. :) The people I quoted are impartial observers. Pat should check the message boards of just about every team in the country to find out what other teams' fans think of last night.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No dog in the fight. I watched to see if Mizzou was going to worth watching come tourney time, and I did not see them being a huge threat.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Sweet Jeebus... what has happened to Purdue?

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

They don't have anything resembling a legitimate big man. And the only competent player they have taller than 6'5", Robbie Hummel, is hobbling around with knees that have turned to spaghetti after two straight ACL reconstructions.

10. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

They're a decent team in the deepest conference in the country.

And Indiana is just bigger, quicker and -- like Purdue has had the last 4 years with JaJuan Johnson -- has a legit stud in the post. Makes a ton of difference.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

And if that call had been made in Cameron Indoor, and not Mizzou Arena, Vitale would've jumped from the ceiling to blow the Dook player.

12. Jake_Taylor

Draft saved Draft deleted