1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Expected to make the most noise at the Globes ceremony, to be carried live on NBC from 8-11 p.m. EST, is ... "The Artist," with six nominations, including best musical or comedy, directing and writing honors for Michel Havanavicius, and acting slots for Jean Dujardin and Berenice Bejo.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120115/D9S9J35O0.html

2. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I hope you meant "under" 50, because the idea of the 50+ set shunning a film that is both in black and white AND silent seems a little ass-backwards.

3. joe

joe Active Member

Horrible Bosses tonight. A few out-loud laughs, but mostly just OK.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I watched my DVD of "The Green Hornet" from Netflix. Yes, I knew I was taking a gamble here.

Now, I'm not an incredibly demanding movie viewer, especially with high-action superhero-type movies, but this is easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Seth Rogen plays an aspiring superhero who seems to be just making it up as he goes along. Apparently co-writer Rogen and the director and producers used the same strategy in making the film. I just had to warn anyone on this board who has any thought of watching this.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Obviously and of course. Fixed.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Ding, ding, ding on all accounts.

My wife's a bigger baseball fan -- and bigger fan of my Mizzou classmate, Brad Pitt, than I am -- but she loved it. Says it's her favorite movie of 2011.

Me? Meh.

7. baskethead

baskethead Member

Cedar Rapids, with Ed Helms as an insurance agent at a convention. Also has John C. Reilly, Anne Heche, Sigourney Weaver and Isiah Whitlock from The Wire, who has two outstanding Wire references. Pretty funny, I always like Reilly. Kind of a different role than we've seen Helms in, I thought.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

No way is "Moneyball" the best movie of 2011. I felt the same way as Greenhorn.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Finding Nemo. Never saw it, and my girlfriend is a big Disney fan. Gotta do what you gotta do ;)

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Whoever they cast as Jeremy Giambi was a much more egregious case of odd casting.

This movie suffered from being based on a true story. As mentioned, there just wasn't enough dramatic tension. Wonderfully shot and acted, I loved the score, but the lack of drama held it back from being great.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Tinker Tailor in about 20 minutes. I wanted War Horse but I can plainly see I am not going to win that one.

12. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Saw Tinker Tailor myself this afternoon. Heard rumblings about the plot being difficult to follow, but I had no problems with it. Casting is great across the board, but Gary Oldman in particular is very impressive.

Draft saved Draft deleted