1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011-12 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bozeman had already been suspended once after getting into some sort of fracas at a sandwich place in Farmville, Va., when Morgan State played at Longwood.

Here it is:

http://deadspin.com/234045/todd-bozeman-is-disappointed-in-your-selection-of-deli-meat

2. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Hey, the girls are still pretty good. BK and SB.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Loved it when they played KU at home. Very quiet in there, and only a couple minutes in, you're already hearing O'Neill, plan as day on TV......."ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?"

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I had a buddy who used to work on the scorer's table during home basketball games at Alabama. His seat was the one closest to the opposing team's bench. He said that the coach with the filthiest mouth was BY FAR Kevin O'Neill (who was then at Tennessee).

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Except that Pat Summitt was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

6. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

My wife works at USC; a few months ago she received a free Kevin O'Neill bobblehead doll with some goodie bag that went out to all employees. It's a constant source of amusement to make his head go while letting loose with a stream of blue words.

(Note: the bobblehead is sponsored by Coca-Cola - sadly, it's not more accurately co-sponsored by Jack Daniels.)

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Iowa is bad. Real, real bad.

Saw afterward that Fran McCaffery did a Bobby Knight imitation when his deficit reached some 30 points, except instead of tossing the chair across the floor, he raised it straight up and spiked it straight into the hardwood.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This Baylor-KSU game looks like it's going to be a good finish. They're exchanging body blows at this point. Baylor's foul trouble could end up being an issue.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Iowa got skunked at home by Campbell, a team that couldn't beat Houston Baptist on the road. So there's that.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Kansas State coach is one miserable prick. If I were President of that school watching his post-game interview, I would be less than amused.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Back in the day, Iowa flat out scared the shit out of teams in Iowa City.

Now? Cheap knock-off of a college basketball team, and has been for a while.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Interesting first half in Lubbock.

The first 10 minutes featured Billy Clyde getting whacked, a Tech player getting whacked after making contact with a KU player who was out of bounds, and another Tech player getting a flagrant 2 (essentially, it was a punch.)

Draft saved Draft deleted