1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011-12 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

McDonald was lucky to survive last spring. A lot of internal drama at Western Kentucky. Attendance is down, team hasn't won consistently for three years, players don't respect their coach. Change was needed but should have been done after last season.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Cuonzo Martin quiets the barking in Knoxville by continuing Billy D's woes past the Pearl era, as the new Vol coach gets his first signature win after more than a few eyebrow raising losses.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'd imagine 2011 was a rough year for Tennessee sports.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I didn't want to jinx Ga. Tech by mentioning they were giving Duke a fight. Apparently just thinking it was enough.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And now Kansas playing like ass in Norman.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'll be extremely interested to see if Indiana can win at Penn State today. I know Penn State is a lower echelon Big Ten team, but Indiana has lost 16 straight Big Ten road games, including its only loss this season. I think it's a huge psychological hurdle for a recovering program to overcome. If the Hoosiers win at Penn State today, especially if it is drama-less, I might be ready to buy into Crean's team as a legitimate top 15-20 team, at least right now.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Missouri Basketball= Fraud

8. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I'm an AP voter and let me tell ya, this is the time of the year where it starts to get tough because it seems like more than half the teams in the poll go 50-50 every week.

I'm ready for the BCS game to be over an for basketball to finally get my FULL attention.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Hope this isn't a d_b but the infamous Todd Bozeman (now at Morgan State) has been suspended indefinitely for apparently punching one of his own players during a game:

http://bit.ly/xKfKph

I've got no sympathy for Morgan State, which should have known what they were getting into when they hired the scumbag.

10. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

When you hire a raging jerk, you deal with the consequences.

On a totally and completely unrelated note, Kevin O'Neill is leading USC to one of the more dismal seasons imaginable. Seeing as though he was on very thin ice after last season's alcohol-fueled suspension during the conference tournament, starting league play 0-4 in front of a one-third filled stadium can't help.

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Wisconsin hoops is baaaad this year.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep . . . first time they get punched in the mouth, they fold like a house of cards.

Their attributes makes them tough to beat against mediocrities and worse, but against real teams on the road . . . good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted