1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Secret Santa, 2011 edition: SECOND POOL CLOSED!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As noted earlier, I won't get mine until Tuesday when I'm back in Temphousingville. My Santa has done his/her job.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Does that mean your shirt will start out great and fail down the stretch?

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Got mine yesterday. I now am a Virginia Cavalier lacrosse fan!

4. Moderator1

Stopped by the P.O. in Tempville this a.m. and sure enough it was there. Haven't opened it yet but I'm sure it is most excellent.

The person I bought for bought for me, which is a first for me. Does that happen often?

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Not super often, but often enough. Usually 1-2 times a year, sometimes none.

I came home to my package as well. I am now a big fan of Hutchinson Community College after I read the enclosed note about the school's athletic programs' success! I'll wear the t-shirt with pride!

6. Moderator1

OMFG!!!! Opened up a sweet Rowan hoodie. He'll yeah!

I think we got each other hoodies from our alma mater. Great gifts that mean a little something without breaking the bank. That's the way this is supposed to work.

Thanks gift partner. Thanks SS for organizing. Thanks to all who participate. One of the highlights of my year.

7. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

OK, here's who I haven't heard from if they've received.

JoelHammond (12-12 shipped)
    Smash Williams (12-20)
    slappy (12-22)
    Matt Stephens (12-15)
    CentralIllinoisan (12-21)
    Rosie (12-22)
    TheWritingWaffle (12-22)

If any of these are your giftees, and you have shipping confirmation, please check on them.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Thanks to my secret Santa, I have a sharp new sports T-shirt to add to my collection. (I believe it was sent through one of his elves in "the Magic Valley" of Idaho).

And since my giftee is on SecretSanta's above list, please let me know when a gift from the elves of North Idaho arrives!

9. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I am drowning in work this week, but I got a nice break from it when my Santa gift was waiting for me. It contained an awesome, area-specific t-shirt, some tasty chocolate, the perfect ornament for my tree and the best book of favorite recipes I can't wait to try this weekend. Plus I will use the binder for all the recipes that live tucked against my wall.

Thanks Santa! It was awesome!

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

11. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

OK woke up to a flood of messages. Here's where we stand.

Those who have not received:
    JoelHammond (there was no tracking number, so I'll give it until the end of this week and then work on a replacement)
    slappy4428 (mailed on 12-22)
    Rosie (mailed on 12-22)

So fingers crossed slappy's and Rosie's arrive, and JH's shows up out of thin air, and we can close the book on this year's edition!

Thanks to all who participated, as always. :)

12. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I believe the delay in mine is the result of an incompetent mai person and bad timing. Hopefully it's waiting at my crib this evening. Will advise.

Draft saved Draft deleted