1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Idiots Allowed Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Also, for those who might drink vicariously, my Baer tree has too more late limes on it.
    But I finished the last ripe lime about 10 minutes ago. After drinking bourbon almost exclusively for 20 years I just had y first drop of the creature after two months of just tequila.

Wow!

2. +1 for using the phrase "drop of the creature". I haven't heard that in years. Would have been +2 if you said "wee drop of the creature."

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I cannot believe the buzzsaws I ran into during the playoffs. I put up 87 and 89, which is usually more than enough to win. But Chris puts up 120 and Goonie puts up 114. Damn.

A 5 vs. 6 title game and a 1 vs. 2 third-place game. Great league.

Idaho and Buck are the only dual sport owners without a title to their name. I do believe Chris is entering rare, albeit not unprecedented, territory: I think Big Dog and perhaps the Hots won both leagues in the same calendar year.

East Coast vs. West Coast, Catholic vs. Mormon, THIS TIME IT'S FOR REAL!

4. Tony Romo league MVP?

5. Idaho needs a Festivus miracle tonight. He will act like this meant nothing to him but I think we all know otherwise.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good luck to both of you. Duel Commissionership is a lot of responsibility.

7. Just for the record - even if Tony Romo got the points he was projected to score - Idaho still would have lost

Can't touch us when we're hot

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Congrats ... asshole

9. I'm not an asshole.

I always thought of myself as more of a dick

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Chris - well played. Congratulations ! With a few teams in bad financial straights you have a lot of issues to deal with.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Wait, what?? It's over??

Hots finish third, which is I guess decent for a team with Aaron Rodgers and 8 benched cripples who haven't seen the field since week 4.

Congrats to chrisL, again. So ready for baseball!

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Congrats to Chris_L on the dual championships. He's the second owner to win both titles in the same season and this year's crowns give him three overall, tied for second with Big Dog. (Gosh I wonder who is first? #Humblebrag) He's also the third two-time baseball champ along with me and Big Dog.

The updated NIAFL Champions list:

BASEBALL
    2003: BYH
    2004: BYH
    2005: Big Dog
    2006: Big Dog
    2007: Hots
    2008: Chris_L
    2009: Waylon
    2010: Headbutt
    2011: Chris_L

FOOTBALL
    2003: Scorpio
    2004: Hots
    2005: Big Dog
    2006: BYH
    2007: BYH
    2008: Oz
    2009: Cosmo
    2010: BYH
    2011: Chris L

Total championship count:
    BYH 5
    Chris_L 3
    Big Dog 3
    Hots 2
    Waylon 1
    Headbutt 1
    Scorpio 1
    Oz 1
    Cosmo 1

Tony Romo's big fat zero cost Idaho a chance to exit the Looser's Club, which he occupies with Buck as the only longtime two-sport owners who have never won a title. However, Idaho is less of a looser than Buck, who is the only two-sport owner to never make an appearance in the championship round. Buck you are our L.A. Clippers! Is it baseball season yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted