1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newt Gingrich, The Ship Be Sinking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Cain must be looking at these numbers too. Its ovah for him!

2. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I took my yearly trip to Charleston and cruised around the Battery today.

That's where I saw my first "NEWT 2012" signs — in the yards and on the fences of some of the most beautiful homes in the South.

So sad to see the rocking-seat porches and manicured lawns voluntarily desecrated in such a way.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Straight from the Mothership:

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Another question for board conservatives. It seems to me most have stopped trying to defend Bush. They are upset about Obama passing stimulus and health care.

Maybe the stimulus was the wrong policy response, but Obama did it because the economy was crashing at rates not seen since the early 30's. And we are currently phasing out of two wars.

Bush believed in cutting marginal tax rates, basically no government reguation and an interventionist foreign policy. By the end of his term deficits had soared, the economy crashed and we were enmeshed in Iraq. Gingrich believes in cutting marginal tax rates, no government regulation and an interventionist foreign policy.

Why should I expect different results from Gingrich?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

my ears are hurting from all the dog whistles:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/fact-checking-newt-gingrichs-food-stamps-claims/

Lazy shiftless n .. uhm ... ne'er-do-wells using food stamps to fly to Hawaii.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

WTF is the Ion Network and why is it hosting a GOP debate?

Was Fuel TV booked with Warren Miller films that night?

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Ion TV was PaxNet or whatever ... that is owned/formerly owned (can't remember if NBC bought it entirely, don't think they did) by one conservative Rev. Paxson.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From looking at the onscreen guide, it seems to be the home to every non-Law & Order hourlong show aired on CBS or USA in the past few years - Psych, Monk, Criminal Minds, Without A Trace, Ghost Whisperer. And it only shows those between 1pm - 2am, the rest of the time is infomercial city.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No surprise, whatsoever. Both Bush insects knew which tactical weapons worked best in that dark corner -- and were not hesitant to use them, with gusto.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I didn't know that about him until this week, either.

I imagine it will be public knowledge not before too long, as it's just so damn creepy.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's interesting that we haven't seen Rove saying much about Newt's candidacy, like he commented on Cain and Perry. I don't know what that means, but he does seem to be a guy who will be heavily influential in determining the GOP nominee.

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

While the circumstances of the divorce do not appear to Newt delivering the papers while she was in the hospital dying I have also read that the the wife's church was taking collections for her because Newt was not paying child support.

Draft saved Draft deleted