1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You have to develop a taste for sours. Don't try to go from Budweiser to a lambic.

Just bought a box of Stone Ruination IPA 22 ouncers. I could drink it forever.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I got a Williams Brewing beer kit for Christmas last year and have made 3 batches this season. The first was a American Pale Ale, the second a fantastic English Mile Ale and now I am almost done with a Russian Imperial Stout. Merry Christmas to me! :)

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Having the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout while watching the games. Quite tasty if a little strong.

4. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Did a side-by-side of the Founders CBS and KBS on Saturday. Now that was a beer-drinking experience. The CBS is sublime stuff and worth every penny to try once. You could really taste the subtle differences between the two.

Thoroughly ruined the rest of the beer over the weekend!

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [/quote]

LOVE GI Sofie...I could drink it every day.

Cascade makes some absolutely killer stuff. Loved their Cuvee du Jonguelier.

Was just at the Ithaca Brewing pub a week ago, made a special trip two hours out of the way to meet a buddy. Love their sour Brute (Mrs Fly said once it smelled like lemons and dirty sweat socks...yum).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

I've got both in my fridge right now.

In fact, I've got a couple of 2010 KBS, some 2011 and a bottle of CBS. That'd be quite a triple vertical. I could still grab some regular Breakfast Stout too and make it into a four-way, but I might die.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Ugh, you people stop talking about CBS already. It just reminds me that I couldn't get any.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's good stuff.

have some in the fridge now. The local Whole Foods carries a lot of their beers -- in 4 packs.

9. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

It was tough to get. The only reason I got my hands on even one bottle was because I'm a regular at the beer store 2 minutes down the road, so the owner said he'd hold one for me as long as I could pick it up on the release day. That seemed fair to me.

Of course, I've already had it on draft twice, and a friend brought a bottle to a tasting, so it's not like it'll be anything crazy new to me. But it is a really amazing beer. Adding bourbon and maple syrup to the already great Breakfast Stout definitely takes it to another level.

10. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

I wasn't able to find any, but a friend's brother got his hands on four bottles through luck and trades. He generously shared a bottle with me on Saturday.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

A guy at the beer store I like told me it's being sold on the "black market" (as he called it) for 50 bucks a bottle.

12. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Genesee recently came out with a Heritage Classic 12-pack ($6.99 at Wegmans!) with the old barrel bottles of Genny, Cream Ale and 12-Horse Ale.

Boy, that took me back to high school. And the commode.

Draft saved Draft deleted