1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sooner State shakeup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 6, 2011.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Simon

Simon Active Member

I felt it in Kansas City on my drive back to my house.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Another multi-state quake. WTF?

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

According to my Facebook/Twitter feeds, I had friends in the DFW and greater Kansas City areas that felt it. You could also feel it in Arkansas and SW Missouri.

5. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Felt it over here in NW Arkansas, almost at the exact same time Herbstreit was doing this:
    [​IMG]

I thought at first it was a plane flying over the apartment, until the building really started rattling.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Funny, that's how I figured Tim McCarver looked during the '89 Series.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

About 40 miles south of Okla. border and it shook my desk for about 20 seconds.

8. Elmwood44

Elmwood44 New Member

Was putting the finishing touches on the sports section about 50 miles from the epicenter when it hit. Nearly shook me out of my chair. Like any low-paid sports reporter a few years out of college, I blew it off and got the pages out by deadline. But nothing new for me having gone through several in California (and the 4.2 quake that hit OK late Friday night).

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Can't wait to hear how all you guys in the central part of the country are wusses, like those of us on the east coast heard after a similar quake here. Who cares if such events aren't common!

Seriously, that's some wild shit to experience when it's new.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I swear I didn't notice a thing here in SE Kansas.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Second quake in two nights. Was a weird experience. Last night's was definitely bigger here in Broken Arrow (Tulsa suburb) and lasted longer. First thought it was a big truck, but it kept going and got bigger and made the whole house shake. We did have damage, though. A plastic cup fell over and struck my wife's arm. Not sure if I can sue anyone over that or not, but I'm looking into it. :)

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

JRoyal, at least you didn't have this kind of devastation.

[​IMG]

Story I read said Oklahoma regularly gets quakes, but not of that magnitude.

Draft saved Draft deleted