1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confirm: CNHI at it again?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by printdust, Oct 27, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

No, not the furloughs. On TOP of the furloughs my source tells me they're cutting staff at many places now.
    Unfounded rumor or no?

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

*vomit* true... 9 at my shop today.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

True got word from a mole at The Eagle-Tribune that cuts are in fact coming.

4. SudburyPatch

SudburyPatch Guest

Who the hell they gonna cut at the E-T? When I left more than a year ago the newsroom had an echo from all of the empty desks. And last time I checked they still hadn't replaced their Sunday editor. Pathetic how CNHI is abusing these staffs.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

How many advertising sales people cut? They're the only ones your handlers have left untouched. Yet the economy is tanking, sales are down. Why the hell would you hold on to people who can't sell?

6. beanpole

beanpole Member

Wow, awful to hear. Please keep the updates coming :(

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Mum's the word here....

8. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Hard to argue with advertisers who don't want to invest in such a de-valued product, though. If you ask me, putting money into the product to make it better, rather than continually cutting newsroom staff, would attract more advertisers.

Oh, wait, no one asked me.

9. News is true, ya dig?

One got bodied this morning.

Pour one out.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Did any suits get fired? Sorry, dumb question.

11. slotman1

slotman1 New Member

Solid confirmation at E-T: Six companywide, though unsure whether that's just in North Andover or includes Salem/Gloucester/Newburyport operations. None in newsroom (barely got enough left to get the f--ing paper out the door as it is.) Also done in stealth mode, not even an internal announcement.

Where else are the cuts going on?

12. SudburyPatch

SudburyPatch Guest

Stealth mode, eh? Very professional CNHI ... very professional. Glad to hear newsroom wasn't touched.

Draft saved Draft deleted