1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missing baby in KC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Mom "fails" polygraph test and parents have stopped cooperating, according to police, but the parents say they are cooperating. Weird case.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06/3190568/cell-phones-taken-along-with-missing.html

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm have a horrible feeling that this will not end well.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Has Nancy Grace's Bat(shit Crazy) Signal gone out yet on this one?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Isn't she still busy doing the merengue and the cha-cha?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

10-month old mysteriously missing from crib? Chance parents are involved probably 95 percent.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That percentage sounds a little low.

8. billikens

billikens Member

This has received non-stop coverage in KC this week and there's no way to watch the news/read a paper/be on social media without seeing info updates. I'll say this, if the parents are involved, they've put on quite a performance, because they both, and especially the mother, have come off as completely distraught in the interviews I saw.

But yeah, from the moment word first got out about this, something seemed strange. Someone breaks into the house in the middle of the night to steal a baby and three cell phones, which I'm assuming weren't in the baby's room? Still, I have an 11 month old daughter and even the mere thought that this could happen is horrifying.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

To me, the weirdest thing was that the dad came home at 4:30 a.m. and the lights were on. If I am committing a crime at night, the darkness is far too large of an ally to ever compromise for one second longer than necessary

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Cowbell's back? I didn't get the memo.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Bend over backward to give them the benefit of the doubt.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Can we get a picture of the mom to determine whether she's hot to determine whether we care?

Draft saved Draft deleted