1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Merchandise

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I want the jacket that Gary Kubiak was wearing in yesterday's game. I have searched high and low for it on the internet. It is an official piece of NFL apparel, but I can't find it. Is it possible that there are certain pieces of merchandise that are made that are so custom that they are never available for the general public to purchase? Does the NFL really make things, then put them on TV in front of millions of people (OK, a Texans preseason game only attracts hundreds of people) and then NOT make them available for purchase??

[​IMG]

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Check here: http://www.nflshop.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2245942&cp=2237591&lmdn=Feature+Collection&f=PAD%2FNFL+Featured+Collection%2FNFL+Sideline&fbc=1&fbn=NFL+Featured+Collection|NFL+Sideline

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I tried there. Those are nice jackets, but they are not like the one he was wearing. It had three zippers on it. Really cool. I wish I could figure out how to post a picture at this place.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I think they've made custom apparel for coaches/players only in the past. Maybe that's the case here.

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I have a feeling that it is a custom made piece. Which makes me very upset. That was really the point of my thread: asking if they make custom pieces that are never going to be available for purchase by the general public. Not very nice, if you ask me.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I really doubt they do that. I'd call the Texans Pro Shop. I'm guessing you won't be the first person to inquire about it. The team I used to cover wore different ski hats during one game and they weren't immediately available and you would have thought they were withholding the cure for cancer because people went so apeshit over it.

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I emailed them today. Hopefully I will get an answer soon. I checked their online shop and didn't see it. Maybe I will have to wait and get one in person at the home opener. Grrrrr.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why would this make you angry?

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Because there is NFL merchandise out there that at this point, is not available for purchase by an average fan. I saw it. I want one. I can't get one. As a consumer that wants to buy one, it makes me go grrrrr.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Steve Czaban complains about the same problem. Frequently, on his radio show, specifically regarding a Kubiak pullover. LiesIntx = Czaban?

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Should fans be trusted with a three-zipper jacket, or should it remain exclusive to the pros?

That's the question.

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well, it will give me a chance to have a special pocket for my own challenge flag. So I'm guessing maybe I shouldn't be trusted with the extra zippers.

Draft saved Draft deleted