1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grantland so far

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 14, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

:D

If I hadn't read TonyHomo, I probably would have laughed at it. But it was so derivative. Even down to the insulting homophobic name.

2. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

I started reading Hua Hsu's review on Kanye West and Jay-Z's new album. I wanted to know if it was, you know, any good. I have no idea what this is all about. Kinda stopped reading around here.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My god, right? I read that today. I didn't understand 80 percent of it. I don't think he loved it, but I'm not sure.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I thought it was just something I didn't understand because it was about Kanye West and Jay-Z.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I thought it was just something I didn't understand read because it was about Kanye West and Jay-Z.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, that too.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Tough not to like . . . especially with the reference to typos and proofreading, a clear homage to SportsJournalists.com.

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Reads like it was written by a terrible sociology grad student.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the pieces by Gladwell and Pierce.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Worth a read: Peter Richmond's first Grantland story, on the lousy new stadiums in NY, and America's architectural failure to design really cool facilities. Hope he writes more for them.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6851333/the-architecture-disaster

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agree - good story. The new Yankee Stadium is like a food court mall where there happens to be a game going on in middle. One of hallmarks of old stadium was the energy of the crowd. There is none in the new stadium.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The demographic represented by the relative newbies in the most expensive seats has a great deal to do with that. You want to kill vocal crowd responses? Just fill the seats with fatcats.

You, little man? You can watch at the bar.

Why bother?

You said it.

Draft saved Draft deleted