1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Love The Beach

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is shore a Jersey thing or all northeast? My cousins from Jersey always called it the shore - can't recall anyone else doing so. I kind of like it, actually.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Last week I went home and hopped on a couple of the Boston Harbor's islands. I hadn't done that since I was a little kid, and I had a blast. I loved the view I had of the downtown skyline, and being so close yet so far away, too. Mountains are damn cool, but if you made me pick one or the other, it's the water every time.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Blizzards in the northeast and Midwest. Tornadoes in the plains. Haboobs in the desert. Earthquakes in California. Ev'rybody got they somethin'.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I love the beach for the snorkel / scuba opportunities ... except for when I see jellyfish, then I freak out.

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I love the beach but hate sand so my preference is sitting at pool, overlooking the ocean.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I would enjoy the beach if it weren't for the sun, sand and salty water.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I would love the beach even more if there were no jellyfish. I won't go into the water because of them, which can make the beach a very hot place to be.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I snorkled through a school of tuna once. They all appeared to be my size, or larger. Scared the hell out of me.

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Haha I can only imagine.

I've snorkeled around plenty of reefs and seen a lot of barracudas, eels, ran into lemon sharks and whenever I see a stingray I dive deep to touch it (sorry, but how you get stabbed in the chest and die from one of those things is beyond me). Those type of opportunities excite me. But when it comes to jellyfish, even if they can't control where they go, I spaz out. I think it's the whole tentacle thing since I have a serious case of arachnophobia.

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I used to live on the beach. One of my favorite hobbies was sitting on my porch with a beer in hand and watching the women in bikinis walking or riding a bike past my place. I greatly enjoyed that place.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I've lived most of my life within an hour of Lake Superior or Lake Michigan (and sometimes both). There are times when it makes life difficult (lake effect snow), but this time of year, it's wonderful stuff.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Finding man-sized tuna in snorkeling-depth water must have been quite remarkable.

Love the beach.

Draft saved Draft deleted