1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another cop with a jackboot fetish

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Killick, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Officer first demands a photojournalist stop filming police after a chase ends in crash, orders him away and later arrests him (after said shooter obeyed).

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/photojournalist-arrested-for-filming-police_b16743

Kicker: After officer shooed him away, the shooter got approval from the PIO, but still went a block away and filmed from there. Officer Krupke still didn't like it.

"I've been doing this 30 years!" the officer.

Let's hope he never sniffs 31.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Surprised this asshole has been around that long. Back when I was a photog it was always the rookie cops who were looking for a fight. The veterans knew what they were doing and didn't care if you were there -- not that they have any say in it, anyway.

3. FleetFeet

FleetFeet Member

That cop is totally out of control. It's evident he's the one who needs to "go away."

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Media training? That's it?!?

Sorry, but this has come up enough that it should already been well-known by officers of any stripe. What this bald prick did, essentially, was abuse a citizen's rights (and, judging by elemental this is, I'd say he did it knowingly). Oughta be more than "media training" involved here. A suspension AT LEAST.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

That guy right there is a perfect example of why so many people hate cops.

A good cop will end up getting treated disrespectfully by somebody who previously had to deal with someone like that obnoxious bald pig.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it any better. I know plenty of good cops and they cringe over pigs like that. It makes their jobs that much more difficult.

Draft saved Draft deleted