1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best. Day. Ever.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

9 pounds, 13 ounces?

I bet it wasn't the best day ever for Mrs. Rhody.

Congrats.

Time will start to move really, really fast so keep up and enjoy.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

It was a C-Section.
    She was surprised the procedure was as tough as it was.
    I told her having your insides removed, a baby taken out, then putting them all back together wasn't going to be easy.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

4. This might be, no, this is the funniest thing I have ever read on this site.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You're exactly right.

My standard advice for new parents - start a journal.

Some do it a photo journal and take (at least) one photo of the newborn every day for one year. My wife has a blog that is solely about our daughter. It lets our scattered families keep up with things. I've been writing too, by hand, all the things I think she needs to know about, well, everything ... just in case I forget or am not around to tell her personally.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Congrats. There's nothing more refreshing about the world than an infant to toddler.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

As others have said, enjoy it, because it goes by like a blur.

I think it was just last week that I was bringing the Princess (the last of three) home, and suddenly I look up and she's 20.

8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Congrats!

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Congrats, the post by Joe is fantastic. My little girls is 3 and a half and her brother will be here in October. Being a dad is the funnest/toughest job I've had, cliched but true.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

See. I knew I was. This is just validation.

And to think, KY thought I was just being a dick.

The key was being the very first reply.

11. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

It's an even shorter trip from "Daddy, carry me everywhere" to "It's okay, Daddy. Can you just drop me off like half a mile from school?"

Seriously, Rhody, congrats. I have three...two boys and a girl ... and there's just something different about having a daughter. Enjoy every moment. They really do grow up fast.

12. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Daughter, huh? Enjoy the next, oh, 11 years, and the get the hell away. 12-18 year old girls are a pain in the ass :)

Just kidding. (Maybe. My daughter just turned 12, and she is scaring the crap out of me.)

Try taking a pic of her in the same spot (a chair?) with the same prop (a stuffed animal?) on the same day every month for a few years. We did. A great record of her growth.

Draft saved Draft deleted