1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Yea. I even lowered the CPU pass defense sliders to 30/35 and it HELPS, but not much. And if I drop it below 30, it's just too easy. No balance. I wanna game that provides some challenge, but not so much I want to throw my controller across the room.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I dropped it down to 40/45, but haven't played a game after I made the change.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Jeez, I thought last year's was rediculous. The 10-foot tall linebackers swatting this and intercepting that last year got old pretty damn quick.

4. KYSportsWriter

I never had that issue last year. This year, though? The linebackers -- at least on the top-tier teams like Oklahoma, Alabama and Stanford -- were unreal. You get to patsies like Washington State, and they suck.

5. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I still enjoy NCAA '04 on PS2 more than anything newer. Need to graduate to PS3 or 360 though. Syill on an old TV, so trying to decide on the order of purchases, but leaning towards 360 since it's WiFi interface is apparently much better

6. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried Bastion yet? I've been anticipating it since GDC and am finally about to download it.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't know if there's any Mortal Kombat fans on here, but this is pretty fucking cool. In the next edition of the game, available as bonus character through DLC is ... Freddy Krueger!?
    If ever there was a match made in heaven (or hell, as it were), that's gotta be it. The link has a trailer with it that includes a bunch of his moves and what appears to be a few fatalities.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/1791

8. nck228

nck228 Member

First Kratos, and now Freddy Krueger?!

This. Is. Awesome.

9. KYSportsWriter

Holy crap, that is awesome.

Haven't played MK in a while, but I bought MK vs. D.C. Universe a while back, and didn't really like it all that much. I kept for a few weeks before trading it in for something else.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I've heard nothing but good things about MK. It even has a plus-8 user rating on GameFly, which is a pretty high threshold. Normally, only stuff like Mass Effect 2 maintains that high of a rating.

11. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I love it, bought the PDP Fightstick for it so I could relive my quarter-dumping days of childhood. I bought it at release and it's always in the rotation.

12. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

I've gotten into this downloading PSone games on my PS3 thing lately.

The Original Metal Gear Solid is so awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted