1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

I'm with you, Care Bear. Just got back from seeing "Horrible Bosses" and had a great time. My girlfriend and I often go to the movies, and we agreed that this was one of the funnier films we have seen in a while.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You guys have me pumped now. Planning on seeing that this weekend or next week. :)

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

127 hours.

Good movie, actually. I was a little apprehensive about watching a movie about a guy stuck in a rock but they made it pretty interesting.

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

"The Union" ... a documentary on marijuana. Very interesting interviews and information, really pissed me off when it concluded to see the lengths the country has gone to enforce faux regulations on a harmless substance.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It was better than I was expected. I'd give it a solid B.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Stepping back to 1987 for "84 Charing Cross Road" with Anne Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins. Was killing time at the library yesterday, saw the video... looked interesting enough. And it was.

Simple flick, really. Bancroft is a NY-based writer, Hopkins works in a London rare book shop. The whole movie is their correspondence back and forth, with her wry wit and him being thoroughly amused by it. Nice, understated flick. I think it won a BAFTA award, but nothing else. I've resolved to buy a copy. It's a keeper.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Black Swan, finally.

Phenomenal.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Just got done watching "Bigger, Stronger, Faster", a documentary on steroids.

Wow, what an interesting way to spend two hours. I try not to get too influenced by what I see in documentaries, especially where there seems to be a bit of editorializing, but I thought that was very well done and it really made me consider some things about steroids (Mainly my utter hatred of Barry Bonds).

A good flick for anyone interested in the topic. And I'm amazed the guy got some of the footage/interviews he did. Some serious connections here, me thinks.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Friends off. :D

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Welcome to the club, my friend. It really is my second proudest accomplishment from my time on this board. That, and Secret Santa (which was actually cofounded by Carrie).

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I've got it bookmarked. I watch it often.

Draft saved Draft deleted