1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Bats?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Penguins?

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Battle: LA

Our viewing turned into a sloppy version of Mystery Science Theater 3000 which made it fun.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Watched 'An Omar Broadway Film' on HBO last night.
    I didn't see single scene that seemed like use of unnecessary force by the guards.
    Of course there were scenes that showed prisoners refusing to be locked in, a prisoner with a shiv, a prisoner with a sack full of cigarettes and a prisoner with a cell phone.
    And almost every scene includes a prisoner with a video camera.

5. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

Midnight in Paris.

It was awesome.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I thought it wasn't bad. Not memorable but better than some others.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The Woody Allen movie?

Little known fact: juiced up monkey Sylvester Stallone plays a young hoodlum in an uncredited role.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Action scenes were done well.

This is going to seem weird. But the movie reminded me of Dawn of the Dead (remake). Just the way it started - the invasion. Nothing more, nothing else. No huge backstory of the reason - it just happened and lots of action, blood, etc. And then it ended. Just like that.

9. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Encore just ran it. Outstanding. Emily Blunt has more talent in her little toenail than ... well, a lot of people [refuses to self-reference previous cartoonish rant on another thread].

I badly wanted to see this when it came out, but the only theater around here that will take a chance on something like Sunshine Cleaning runs it for one, maybe two weeks, and if you miss it, you're shit out of luck.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I wonder what how many stars the NYT reviewers will give this one?

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/pageoneinsidethenewyorktimes/

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Saw Super 8 - damn good movie, but kind of agree that the ending seemed rushed, like they cut out a subplot.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

A boy who loves his mother so much he finally gets to sleep with her. Forever.

Draft saved Draft deleted